Mrs. Megan Marruffo joined LACO Associates’ Planning team in September 2015 with prior professional experience in both land use and environmental planning. As a Planner, she has experience in residential and commercial planning projects, as well as the preparation of environmental review documents pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and provides project assistance for an array of different projects, including subdivisions, annexations, conditional use permits, lot line adjustments, coastal development permits, and design review.
Some of Megan’s other tasks include zoning and general plan interpretation, writing project descriptions, preparing of a variety of planning permit development applications, and assisting in the preparation of CEQA documents.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Assistance
- Zoning and General Plan Interpretation
- Application, Project Description, and Document Preparation
BA in Environmental Studies and Planning, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA
Select Project Experience
- Resource Irrigation District 1 Water Recycling and Reuse Initial Study. Prepared the following Draft Initial Study sections: Aesthetics, Agricultural Resources, Air Quality, Cultural Resources, Recreation, and Transportation; prepared tribal consultation letters to NAHC and THPOs, and submitted a cultural and historical records search request to NWIC.
- Dazey Lot Line Adjustment. Prepared application form and assisted with submittal to County of Humboldt Planning Department.
- Morrison Creek. Prepared applications and required forms (environmental questionnaire, rezone petition), updated Project Description, assisted with preparing submittal to the County of Del Norte Planning Department.
- Eel River Fuels CDP. Prepared Project Description, CDP application, and Application for Fire Code Plan Check Services.
- Strongs Creek Valley Annexation. Prepared Project Description, Plan for Services, and Addendum to EIR; coordinated with drafter to create figures.
- Fortuna Open Door Community Health Center. Prepared combined Project Description and Plan of Operations Report; prepared Use Permit and Design Review Permit applications; assisted with preparing submittal to City of Fortuna Community Development Department.
- Grate Major Subdivision. Researched requirements and development standards pursuant to the Eureka Municipal Code (EMC).
- Brainard Facility. Assisted with preparing Information Request letter to the County regarding the historic level of use of the facility
- Tule River EIS. Maintaining Administrative Record (ongoing)
- Trinity Trust: Patrick’s Point Drive Planning Consultation. Assisted with preparing a letter to County requesting modifications to proposed general plan update.
- Todd Court Minor Subdivision. Updated Project Description, prepared applications, and checklists, contacted City staff/planner with questions about project requirements, coordinated with title company to obtained updated Preliminary Title Report, assisted with preparing submittal to City of Arcata Planning Dept. (still ongoing-partial submittal last week, submitting rest by end of the week)
- Mid McKay. Prepared Plan for Services and applications/notices to petition Humboldt LAFCo for the annexation of a parcel into the Humboldt Community Services District (HCSD) boundary.