The Mattole Unified School District (District) retained LACO to provide engineering, survey, hydrogeoloc and planning services to improve the District’s supply, storage, and distribution systems.
LACO provided the following services as a part of this project.
- Hydrogeologic caracterization and well siting
- Installation and evaluation of a test water supply well, water well design
- Funding application assistance
- Design surveys
- Analysis of potential environmental effects under CEQA
- Submitted plans to California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for review and incorporated comments
- Engineering design of the main project components
- Bidding services
- Construction services
The designs included water system improvements needed to replace a deteriorated transmission line, provide a code-compliant, backup water supply well, update iron and manganese removal equipment, and provide reliable storage and pumping facilities to meet the school’s needs.
Construction is scheduled to begin in April 2014, and LACO will provide the following services:
- Construction management
- Engineering field observations
- Site survey and staking
- Materials testing and special inspections
- Funding administration and claims processing
- Labor Compliance Program (Prevailing Wage verification)
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), including submittal of the Notice of Intent (NOI) and Notice of Termination (NOT), and stormwater monitoring/sampling