HealthSport retained LACO to provide planning, entitlement, design, and engineering services for the development and construction of a new fitness club facility and thirteen individually-owned town homes. This parcel was split-zoned for residential and commercial use, which presented challenges in design standards. Our project team successfully resolved these challenges to create a viable mixed-use project.
We were involved in many phases of this development, and our planning, geotechnical, survey, and civil engineering departments took an interdisciplinary approach to the project. Our team was responsible for the following activities and results:
- Obtaining the following permits:
- Coastal Development Permit Conditional Use Permit
- Final Map Subdivision Planned Development Permit for a Planned Unit Development
- Special Permit Coordinating with the Humboldt County Planning Department
- Attending public hearings with the Planning Commission
- Conducting a geotechnical field exploration, laboratory testing, and reporting
- Completing a topographic and boundary survey
- Developing a tentative map, improvement plans, and development plan
- Creating site civil construction documents including grading, drainage, utility design, setbacks, and easements with building, parking, and landscape information
- Preparing technical specifications for site work, placement of utilities, engineered fill, and structural sections for traffic areas
After submitting the planning permit application, the Humboldt County Planning Commission granted approval in less than six months. Due to the team’s dedication and expertise, the County Department of Public Works, Land Use Division promptly approved the Improvement Plans and grading permit.