LACO developed the conceptual master site plan, and is in the process of obtaining entitlements for the design and development of the CommunityLife Wellness Campus (CLWC), an expansion to the Mad River Community Hospital (MRCH) on an 31-acre site in Arcata, CA. MRCH plans to construct a new, modern hospital to house new and existing services, and to repurpose the existing facility into a much-needed skilled nursing facility. The new hospital will provide services that are currently unavailable on the North Coast.
The campus design includes areas for assisted living, clinics and medical offices, and social and educational services. Our team has taken a collaborative approach, working closely with key project stakeholders, to integrate all the project components with the goal of creating a vibrant, healthy community.
We are responsible for the following project components:
- Collaborative meetings with stakeholders to gather input and refine design concepts
- Master Plan pursuant to City of Arcata General Plan 2020
- Comprehensive development site plans for Planned Development approval
- Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map
- Administrative Draft CEQA Initial Study
- Public outreach
- Site survey and lot-line adjustment
The master plan identifies over 15 acres of common open space including a wide variety of amenities including:
- Public gathering / festival space
- Organic agriculture
- Native landscaping
- Grass amphitheater
- Interconnecting trails
- Equestrian areas
- Wetlands, wildlife habitat, and rain gardens
This proposed project will help accomplish a variety of public goals, including employment opportunities, enhanced open space and recreation areas, and access to additional medical, social, and educational services.